02 May 2011

El Fin :)

So I am excited to report that all of my pieces for the BFA Senior Exit Show are finished and being hung in the gallery.  It's such a relief to finally know that my semester of hard work is coming together!  The final pieces put in the show are as follows:


OCEANS
Ebony, Foam Board, Wood, Acrylic, Sand, Burlap
16.5" x 6" x 3"

BURMA
Ebony, Foam Board, Wood, Sand, Feathers
15.5" x 8" x 3"

MIDDLE EAST
Ebony, Foam Board, Wood, Acrylic, Sand, Burlap, Linen
16" x 6" x 3"

MEDIA
Ebony, Foam Board, Wood, Acrylic, Sand, Mixed Media
15.5" x 8" x 3"

THE ACT
Ebony on Paper
18" x 24"

The first 4 pieces listed are part of my 'Consequences' Series that I'm working on currently.  These are the aforementioned "shadow box" pieces, which boast a realistic drawing of a person atop a box.  The person depicted on top of the box has either negatively or positively affected the environment, people, or community shown in the box.  Pictures of the show work should be up by Wednesday at the latest, so stay posted please!  The last piece in the list above is an ebony pencil drawing inspired by a performance I did last semester at the Tampa Museum of Art.  The performance involved costuming and inspiration from Dia de los Muertos.  

I will also be posting a picture of this piece by Wednesday.  Also, I will be posting pictures taken at my performance for the Las Damas de Arte's, a group of art sponsors and patrons, 'Sunday in the Arts' gallery event.  My performance at the 'Sunday in the Arts' event tied into my 'Consequences' Series, by demonstrating the effect people have on the natural environment around them.  I had a handmade costume that represented the natural flora and fauna around us, and when people would touch me, look at me, or hang fruit (handmade) off of me, I would move and change according to what they did.  The performance was well-recieved and people enjoyed the beauty of the costume I created.


Now that the exit show work is finished and my performance is over, I can focus on my final painting for beginning design...my last art work of undergrad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment