23 March 2011

Good News!

So, I havnt been very good at keeping up with my art blog so far, but it is for a good reason--because I have been working on my art.  Im currently working on a performance piece for the Las Damas annual art show at Tampa Prep.  The theme will be organic: I will be depicting a tree, growing and blossoming, changing as the night progresses.  The performance will end with the tree making a dramatic change.  Also, I have been working on developing my collection of art pieces for the senior exit show in May.  These pieces also circle around the organic, but are less whimsical than my performance will be.  The pieces are mixed media (drawing and sculpture) and will show people of power or status dealing with the consequences of their actions/choices.  The pieces all display what I believe the people's actions show they are really concerned with.  In the midst of all this art work Ive been doing, I also received news that I was accepted into Columbia College Chicago Graduate School of Art :) I will be attending there this fall to get my MA in Interdisciplinary Arts.  Just thought Id update the blog and share this exciting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment